- Connect network Ethernet Cable to active internet connection. Note: The CloudBox can be configured to use Wi-Fi.
2. Connect 3.5mm TRRS end to AV port on back of CloudBox. Connect the RCA end of this cable (red & white ends) to your sound system. Note: HDMI, SPDIF and Bluetooth output can also be used, we are just showing the most common setup with RCA here.
3. Plug in Power Adaptor and check that blue Power LED light is on.
4. Turn on sound system / amplifier and select audio input connected to CloudBox (Aux, Tape, etc.).
Within a couple of minutes, the CloudBox will begin playing music.
As an alternative to a hardwired Ethernet cable, the CloudBox can be configured to use Wifi. Please see the links below to setup WiFi on the CloudBox using your mobile device.
CloudBoxes support the following wireless authentication:
- WPA/WPA2 PSK
- 802.1x EAP
Setting up WiFi using your Mobile Device
- From a computer web browser, log in to https://tune.cloudcovermusic.com/#/login
Note: If you select the Play Music Here button on the browser, it may cause the browser to start playing instead of the CloudBox.
- On the Music page choose the station you would like to listen to. Selecting a new station will not change the music immediately. The previous song will finish playing out to ensure a seamless transition.
- If the CloudBox shows a blue light (Network LED) then it is unable to get a network connection. Check the ethernet cable is correctly plugged in to a network port that is active. Test the ethernet cable by attaching a device (laptop/desktop) that is known to be working. Check your network Firewall, Proxy, and Content Filter Configurations.
- If the CloudBox shows a red light (Network LED) indicating it has successfully obtained a network connection, but you are only hearing techno style music (royalty free music stored on the CloudBox) then check your network Firewall, Proxy, and Content Filter Configurations to make sure the CloudBox can access the Cloud Cover Music service.
- If you are hearing a buzzing/humming noise or need to connect to a sound processing system, then read our article on CloudBox Audio Connectors
- Setting up a Static IP Address