What You Need
- CloudBox G9CX4+
- Power cable
- Android phone with Beacon Transmission support (see list of Android phones here)*
* If your Android phone is not on the list, you can still set up WiFi using a computer monitor and a USB mouse. Read more here.
- Plug the power cable into the power port on the CloudBox located on the top of the unit.
- Download the Cloud Cover Music Setup App from Google Play from here.
Setting Up WiFi
- Open the Cloud Cover Music Setup app and it will automatically search for an available CloudBox near you. You will see the last four digits of the MAC address of the CloudBox on the screen. If you have more than one CloudBox connected, you will see them here as well. Tap the CloudBox you want to set up.
*You can find the MAC, CloudBox model, and location/username on a white sticker that is on top of the CloudBox
*If the app is having a hard time finding any CloudBoxes, try turning your device's Bluetooth off and back on.
2. On the next screen, you will see the list of available network names. Select the network name you want to connect to.
3. On the next screen, enter your WiFi password.
4. Your CloudBox is all set up and ready to go.
5. Once the CloudBox is connected to the Wifi, you can install it anywhere in your business.
CloudBoxes support the following wireless authentication:
- WPA/WPA2 PSK
- 802.1x EAP
Be sure to install the Cloud Cover Music app from the Google Play store (link) so you can control and monitor what’s playing remotely!
*Please make sure a Daypart is not scheduled to stop during the time you are trying to set this up.
*If the CloudBox is already connected to your network, it will not show up in the Setup app.
In the case of power failure the Cloudbox will save the SSID/Password for your network and automatically reconnect when power is returned.