What You Need
- CloudBox G9CX4+
- Power cable
- Apple iPhone or iPad
- Plug the power cable into the power port on the CloudBox located on the top of the unit.
- Download the Cloud Cover Music Setup App from Apple App Store by typing “Cloud Cover Music Setup” into the search bar. Or go here if you are using an iPhone, and here if you are using an iPad.
Setting Up WiFi
- Open the Cloud Cover Music Setup app and it will automatically search for an available CloudBox near you. You will see the last four digits of the MAC address of the CloudBox on the screen. If you have more than one CloudBox, select the CloudBox you want to configure. After select the CloudBox, tab on the Select WiFi button or you can manually enter your own WiFi.
*You can find the MAC, CloudBox model, and location/username on a white sticker that is on top of the CloudBox
2. On the next screen, you will see the list of available network names. Select the network name you want to setup.
3. On the next screen, enter your WiFi password.
4. Your CloudBox is all set up and ready to go.
5. Once the CloudBox is connected to the WiFi, you can install it anywhere in your business.
CloudBoxes support the following wireless authentication:
- WPA/WPA2 PSK
- 802.1x EAP
Be sure to install the Cloud Cover Music app from the Apple App Store so you can control and monitor what’s playing remotely!
*Please make sure a Daypart is not scheduled to stop during the time you are trying to set this up.
*If the CloudBox is already connected to your network, it will not show up in the Setup app.
In the case of power failure the Cloudbox will save the SSID/Password for your network and automatically reconnect when power is returned.