With our self-serve message uploading, anyone on the Messaging Plan can easily upload any MP3 file to stream your messages in your locations straight away.
To upload a message log into Tune, and select 'Account', then 'Your Library'
From 'Your Library' select the 'Upload' button to choose your file, name the file, and finally upload your message.
Important: By uploading this message, you confirm that you are the copyright owner. The Cloud Cover Music license does not cover music used in messages.
Message Recording Guidelines
We require that you upload your message in an MP3 stereo file format at a MAXIMUM of 320kbps. File size should not exceed 50MB.
If you use professional software:
- Record level for narration should peak at -8 dB.
- For the mix (music bed, narration, chimes, etc) EQ the tracks and then put a LIMITER on the master. We set the GAIN on the limiter to a +4.0dB and the OUTPUT LEVEL at -6.0dB.
- After applying the LIMITER, reduce the overall track by 6.0dB. This would essentially limit the track to -12.0dB, but not affect the lower volume content.
Mac Instructions using GarageBand:
- Open GarageBand. Select “File>New” and then click “Create a New Podcast” to create a new audio file. Name your new file and then click “Create.”
- In the Tracks window, select either the “Female Voice” track or the “Male Voice” track. Talk into your microphone and check that your voice is reflected by the levels in the “Monitor” column.
- Click “Record” when you are ready to begin recording. The Record button is underneath the track window and has a large red circle on it. Click the “Record” button again to stop recording.
- Press "Spacebar" to return to the beginning of your recording. Click “Play” to hear your recording. If you wish to rerecord your voice, click "Spacebar" and repeat Step 3.
- Click Share > "Export to Disk" when you have finished recording. Select MP3 encoding and choose a name and location for your file. Click "Save."
PC Instructions using Sound Recorder
- Make sure you have an audio input device, such as a microphone, connected to your computer.
- Open Sound Recorder by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Sound Recorder, and then, in the list of results, click Sound Recorder.
- Click Start Recording.
- To stop recording audio, click Stop Recording.
- (Optional) If you want to continue recording audio, click Cancel in the Save As dialog box, and then click Resume Recording. Continue to record sound, and then click Stop Recording.
- Click the File name box, type a file name for the recorded sound, and then click Save to save the recorded sound as an audio file.
Other Options for Recording
PC & Mac Instructions using Audacity
MixPad Multitrack Recording Software by NCH Software -
Pay someone online to create your messages:
Some of our customers have used the following voice artists:
- Apple royalty-free sounds found in the Library folder, Audio, Apple loops.
- Search online for royalty-free chimes and sounds.
- CCM will send you our sound catalog if you request it from support.
Once you have uploaded your messages, take a look at this article for your next steps. As always, please feel free to contact Support if you need anything!